Tuesday 28 August 2012

killer messages: Rumour or not

Some weeks back, a dumb message was sent to that Pastor Adeboye of Redeemed Christian Church of God warned that nobody should wear anything of the colour RED.
Chei! Come and see wahala (trouble). It was forwarded to me with a warning that if I don't heed it, something bad will happen to me. My facebook and twitter timeline was bombarded with it and the comments on it was the dumbest.
however, there were some smart fellows (like my colleague Lekan Osiade) who changed his profile pix for that day to celebrate red.am less concerned about it because red has never been my colour. I don't recall ever using my money to buy or being given any red clothing item. I just don't fancy it.
Fortunately, Baba Adeboye came out to debunk the rumour.
Now, THIS!
Someone posted/sent this:  
Pls do not pick call from dis no 08061197911. it kill 4 people at ilorin 2 at EGBE ad also kill MR ADEDIRAN at OMU-ARAN dis morn pls send to ur peopel. pls don't i posted it the way i recieve it,,,,, pls lets share comments!!!

Do you believe it? Me, I don't.
It has happened before when they said if you receive the call, you will start vomiting blood and die off like chicken.
Naija! Is it the level of poverty that is causing this? My own opinion, though.

2 comments:

  1. heheheheheheheh.... nice one editor. if you see the way my mama take fear me thant day... "My SOn, please I still love you and dont want to lose you. please dont wear any red o" she also called me in the morning to confirm and also begged my wife to monitor me.... they forgot to check my boxer which is red.... hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the funny and negative side of social media. So many idle people, having access to the internet and using it negatively.

    ReplyDelete